Here is the list.
The full document can be found here.
15 Ways that States Can Stretch the School Dollar
- End “last hired, first fired” practices.
- Remove class-size mandates.
- Eliminate mandatory salary schedules.
- Eliminate state mandates regarding work rules and terms of employment.
- Remove “seat time” requirements.
- Merge categorical programs and ease onerous reporting requirements.
- Create a rigorous teacher evaluation system.
- Pool health-care benefits.
- Tackle the fiscal viability of teacher pensions.
- Move toward weighted student funding.
- Eliminate excess spending on small schools and small districts.
- Allocate spending for learning-disabled students as a percent of population.
- Limit the length of time that students can be identified as English Language Learners.
- Offer waivers of non-productive state requirements.
- Create bankruptcy-like loan provisions.